Word Perfect for Linux
Highlights & Features
Enhanced File Management
Corel® WordPerfect® 8 for Linux® Personal Edition lets you manage over 40
different file formats, including Microsoft® Word 97 files.
file format is consistent with previous versions, ensuring compatibility with
existing documents.The same file format is shared between Corel WordPerfect for Windows®
95, Windows NT®, Windows 3.1x and UNIX®, assuring cross-platform compatibility.
access files, create directories, change file modes and morewithout having to
remember Linux commandswith the Corel WordPerfect File Manager.
point, click and begin typing anywhere on the page.
identifies phrases in question and provides suggestions.
keeps track of document revisions for workgroup collaboration.
Charting & Drawing
move, rotate and size an image within a box. Wrap text on both sides of an image,
or even contour text around odd shapes. You can also draw objects directly on top of text,
group graphics and add color gradient fills or patterns. Create 3D, line, area, hi-lo and
expanded pie charts.
size table rows, and join and split cells with a single click.
Capabilities* edit or create your document in Corel WordPerfect 8 for
Linux Personal Edition and publish it to HTML, complete with hyperlinks and
bookmarks. Web files can also be converted directly into Corel WordPerfect format.
changes margins and columns directly on your page.
automatically creates Internet links from text beginning with www, ftp,
http, mailto and more.
Spell-As-You-Go identifies words that might be misspelled so
you can correct them as you type.
Features for Each Version
Corel® WordPerfect® 8 for
Linux® (Downloadable Version)
- Fully functional word processor
- Unlimited usage for personal, non-commercial use
provided end user registers as user of the product within 90-day period
- Multi-language support
- Import/Export Filters includes support for
Office 97 document formats
- Online help system
- Over 90 built-in spreadsheet functions
- E-mail directly from Corel WordPerfect
- Instantly become a Webmaster with Publish to
Internet HTML exporting features
Corel® WordPerfect® 8 for
Linux® (Personal Retail Version)
Includes all of the features of the Downloadable
- Unlimited usage (i.e., not limited to personal
- Advanced drawing and charting applications with
- WPFonts over 130 fonts plus bonus font
- Adobe® Acrobat® Reader
- Electronic copy of the Corel WordPerfect 8 for
Linux users manual (PDF format)
- 5,000 clipart images
- 200 photos
- Over 180 textures
- Netscape Web browser
- Dozens of preformatted sample documents for user
- Dozens of predesigned templates
- Over 90 ExpressDocs
- Print queue manager
- Font installation utility
- Custom Hyphen Database creation utility
- Custom Supplemental Dictionary creation utility
- Users reference manual
Corel® WordPerfect® 8 for
Linux® (Retail Server Edition)
Includes all of the features included in the
Personal Retail version, plus:
- Advanced site license management software
- Corel WordPerfect 8 for Linux Character Terminal
Binary for non-GUI terminal users
- Advanced system and application customization
- Support for the Oracle® Database engine
More information : linux.corel.com
GIMP is an acronym for GNU
Image Manipulation Program. It is a freely distributed piece of software suitable for such
tasks as photo retouching, image composition and image authoring.
It is an extremely capable
piece of software with many capabilities. It can be used as a simple paint program, a
expert quality photo retouching program, an online batch processing system, a mass
production image renderer, a image format converter, etc.
GIMP is extremely expandedable
and extensible. It is designed to be augmented with plugins and extensions to do just
about anything. The advanced scripting interface allows everything from the simplest task
to the most complex image manipulation procedures to be easily scripted.
|Features and Capabilities
|This is only a very quickly thrown together list
of GIMP features. This is only the tip of the iceberg.
- Full suite of painting tools including Brush,
Pencil, Airbrush, Clone,etc.
- Tile based memory managent so image size is limited
only by available disk space.
- Sub-pixel sampling for all paint tools for high
- Full alpha channel support
- Layers and channels
- A Procedural Database for calling internal GIMP
functions from external programs as in Script-fu
- Advanced scripting capabilities
- Multiple Undo/Redo (limited only by diskspace)
- Virtually unlimited number of images open at one
- Extremely powerful gradient editor and blend tool.
- Load and save animations in a convenient
- Transformation tools including rotate, scale, shear
- File formats supported include gif, jpg, png, xpm,
tiff, tga, mpeg, ps, pdf, pcx, bmp, and many others.
- Load, display, convert, save to many file formats.
- Selection tools including rectangle, ellipse, free,
fuzzy, bezier and intelligent.
- Plug-ins which allow for the easy addition of new
file formats and new effect filters.
- Over 100 plugins already available.
- Supports custom brushes and patterns
- Much, much more!
|The GIMP was written by Peter Mattis and Spencer Kimball. Many, many other
developers have contributed plugins. And thousands have provided support and testing.
More information : www.gimp.org